HomePage News InSight Trend Index 2023/24: The Great Outdoors
The sixth portfolio in the HomePage News 2023/24 InSight™ Trend Index examines The Great Outdoors, inspired products to take The Inside out or bring The Outside in.
Silver linings continue to present growth opportunities to the home + housewares industry despite ongoing economic storms. Topping the list is a renewed love of the great outdoors. If you want a real eye-opener, ask someone what “outdoors” means to them. The responses we got were as broad as the outdoors itself: Glamping, Grilling, Tailgating and Trailblazing were among the many. For many, the outdoors means venturing far afield to places and paths unknown.
Still, others were content to explore the fun and freedom of their own front lawn or backyard. Dig a little deeper and you’ll find that some other important descriptors always come up: “Simple.” “Creative.” “Convenient.” “Fun.” “New.” and “Shareable.” With all of these in mind, welcome to our celebration of The Great Outdoors, celebrating products, whether cutting edge or classic, that make bright days even better.
Flip through to view the portfolio:
The HomePage News InSight Trend Index 2023/24 is an exclusive digital guide that explores emerging and enduring home and housewares trends through the products and innovations that embody them. This comprehensive and expansive report series was developed in partnership with Springboard Futures and its founder, industry trend authority Tom Mirabile, who also serves as consumer and lifestyle trend analyst for the International Housewares Association and HomePage News.
The Springboard team explored influential trade shows in the U.S. and abroad seeking home and housewares trends driven by global influences such as design, consumer lifestyle and functional/material innovation.
The HomePage News InSight Trend Index 2023/24 will be rolled out on HomePageNews.com in a series of themed portfolios each week into the 3rd quarter of 2023:
- The Great Entertainers: The Artist, The Contemporist, The Naturalist, The Postmodernist, The Traditionalist, The Great Gifter
- Material Evidence: A New Standard, [RE]imagine
- All About Ease: Problem Solved, Get It Together, [RE]Innovations
- Pantone ColorWatch: Sustenance, Surrealism, Stylist, Scenic, Sanctuary, Replenish, Creative Mixology
- Fine Lines: Raise the Bar, Barely There, Something’s Brewing
- The Great Outdoors: The Grill Master, The Trail Blazer, The Backyard Bad@$$, Memory Makers
- Second Nature: Water Works, Into the Woods, Modern Romance
- The Shape of Things To Come
- World of Wellness
HomePage News, the leading B2B news and information media brand for the Home + Housewares industry, is a service of the International Housewares Association.