The Kroger Co. and Bed Bath & Beyond are launching a joint e-commerce experience including popular housewares and home furnishing products ranging from bedding and storage to baby furniture and gear.
Announced in November of last year, the e-commerce joint venture is working from Kroger’s Ship marketplace, which has added several thousand items from Bed Bath & Beyond and buybuy BABY. Kroger has divided the curated digital experience into easily shoppable categories, the company noted, to help customers find what they need quickly. Shoppers can browse national brand products and Bed Bath & Beyond exclusive Owned Brands Nestwell, Haven, Simply Essential, Our Table, Wild Sage, Squared Away, Studio 3B and H for Happy.
Among the products from Bed Bath & Beyond and buybuy Baby are featuring in the launch of the mutual initiative are:
- An Our Table 12-inch Preseasoned Cast Iron Skillet
- Haven Organic Cotton Flatweave Bath Towel
- Nestwell Washed Linen Cotton 3-Piece Full/Queen Duvet Cover Set
- Cuisinart Power Advantage 7-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case
- Nespresso by Breville Vertuo Next Classic Coffee/Espresso Maker Bundle
- iRobot Roomba j7+ Wi-Fi Connected Self-Emptying Robot Vacuum
- Ninja CREAMi Ice Cream Maker
- SKIP*HOP Silver Lining Cloud Activity Center and Exerciser
- Fridababy NoseFrida Electric Nasal Aspirator
- Graco 4Ever DLX 4-in-1 Convertible Car Seat
- Boppy Original Nursing Pillow and Positioner
- Dr. Brown’s Deluxe Bottle Warmer & Sterilizer
A branded shop-in-shop experience already piloted in select stores will roll out soon, Kroger stated.
“When our customers think of food, they think of Kroger,” said Stuart Aitken, Kroger’s senior Vice President and chief merchant and marketing officer, in announcing the launch. “And we’re more than just food. This collaboration expands our e-commerce selection, enabling our customers to send a new homeowner a beautiful cheese board and the cheese that goes with it. Or they can send new parents a stroller alongside diapers and a Home Chef meal all in one digital transaction, saving our customers time and providing a positive shopping and gifting experience.”
John Hartmann, chief operating officer at Bed Bath & Beyond and president of buybuy BABY, said, “We are very pleased to expand our customer base through the extensive reach of Kroger, the largest grocer in the U.S. With our authoritative line of products for every room of the home, including our exclusive Owned Brands, and leading line of items that help welcome moms and dads to parenthood, we are excited to provide Kroger shoppers with a compelling one-stop shopping experience. We’re also well underway with the planning and design of our Kroger in-store pilot program and look forward to its launch later this year.”