Sam’s Club is marking its 40th birthday this month with activations that celebrate membership, including in-club events, an exclusive café item and more than $100 in savings and rewards for members, as well as a membership offer that sets the price as low as $10 for first-time members.
The Walmart warehouse club division will continue the celebration throughout the year with surprises and special offers for members.
The birthday celebrations include:
- Membership Offer. Sam’s Club will reduce memberships to $10 or $70 for plus memberships from April 14 through April 19.
- Free Sweet Treat and Fountain Drink. On April 15, Sam’s Clubs in the United States and Puerto Rico will give members a free sweet treat and a free fountain drink, while supplies last, with special Member’s Mark private label product samples available that day.
- Limited-Time Café Item. Sam’s Club is creating a birthday Café menu that includes a celebratory sundae for $1.58 through the end of April.
- Exclusive Member Offers. The banner is launching deals totaling $100 on various items through skip-the-checkout Scan & Go purchasing, curbside pickup and same-day delivery.
- Club Events. Many U.S. and Puerto Rico clubs will host outdoor and in-club experiences all year, including the Member’s Mark Food Truck and supplier activations.
- Commemorative Merchandise. Vintage merchandise will add to the celebration with early ‘80s logo styles on a range of products including T-shirts, sweatshirts, hats and mixtape stickers.
Originally opening on April 7, 1983, as Sam’s Wholesale Club in Midwest City, OK, Sam’s Club has grown into a multi-billion-dollar company with almost 600 locations operating in the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
“From the day we opened our doors, we’ve worked hard to build relationships and create experiences that earn our members’ loyalty,” said Ciara Anfield, chief member and marketing officer, Sam’s Club, in announcing the birthday events.