Bed Bath & Beyond’s BuyBuy Baby banner has announced enhancements to its registry operation including the addition of educational and interactive events and has introduced results from its second annual Registry Trends Report including what support today’s parents seek and lifestyle adaptations they are making in child-rearing.
After a successful conclusion of the special event Registry Insiders: The Ultimate Experience, which took place in New York City in January, BuyBuy Baby is readying similar occasions, the first to be held in Torrance, CA on June 8. Inspired by the existing run of Registry Insiders monthly in-store events, the new interactive educational experience will showcase baby gear and products even as it provides expert advice on important topics such as car seat selection and safety, nursing and feeding preparation, and postpartum recovery. And expectant parents who sign up will go home with gifts and prizes.
Consumers who sign up for the BuyBuy Baby registry continue to enjoy its longstanding benefits including a 15% off completion discount, 365-day return policy on registry items, registry guide and Parently blog, access to in-store registry specialists, free Registry Insiders events, and free Welcome Rewards program membership, as well as buy now pay later services from AfterPay.
The Registry Trends Report includes developments the BuyBuy Baby team has identified and curated from their own experiences helping expectant parents.
Recent trends that have been particularly dynamic, according to BuyBuy Baby are:
- Supporting Supermoms. Moms are creating cash funds as part of their baby registry to use for meal deliveries, doula sessions and custom experiences. They’re also snagging prenatal skincare sets and postpartum recovery kits while seeking help with recuperating and recharging that’s inevitably needed. Product examples include UpSpring Milkflow Fenugreek and Blessed Thistle Breastfeeding Supplement Capsules and the Belli Healthy Glow Facial Hydrator.
- Flexibility for Families. Rotating car seats, wearable breast pumps and stroller wagons are providing parents and children with much-needed mobility, and the ability to multitask at home and on the go. As such two of the top 10 most registered-for items at BuyBuy Baby recently have been wearable pumps, while searches for rotating car seats have gone up 425% this past year on the banner’s website. The Evenflo Gold Revolve 360 Rotational All-In-One Convertible Car Seat, Willow 3.0 Hands-Free Wearable Double Electric Breast Pump and Doona+ Infant Car Seat/Stroller have proved popular.
- Mindful of Milestones. The COVID-19 pandemic’s impact on young children is prompting new parents to be proactive. Parents are engaging in intentional or purposeful play while consciously choosing toys and books that promote gross and fine motor skills, language acquisition, cognitive skills and social-emotional learning such as Mushie Paint Palette Press Toy, Sassy Eco Color & Shape Sorter, and Ingenuity Cozy Spot Reversible Activity Gym.
- Investing in Basics. Parents are opting for well-made baby essentials and brands that deliver great value more than they are in quantity. Reliable brands and everyday essentials are winning their way onto baby registries. Over the past year, BuyBuy Baby observed that parents registered for 27% fewer products, leaning into essentials and value-driven must-haves with examples including the exclusive BuyBuy Baby brand Mighty Goods, which includes multipacks such as 5-Pack Bodysuits and 5-Pack Burp Cloths at attractive price points.
- Mixing Old and New. Parents are bridging the gap between past and present by embracing furniture and decor that’s traditional with a twist. Super soft fabrics and cozy accessories infuse comfort into nurseries that are, at the same time, furnished stylishly. Products that lend themselves to the room design proposition include those recently launched as part of the proprietary BuyBuy Baby brand Ever & Ever. The brand line-up includes fashionably informed classic pieces like the Everlee 3-in-1 Convertible Crib, Everlee Glider and Bunny Star 3-Piece Crib Bedding Set.
“We know each customer is on a unique parenting journey, so one size does not fit all when it comes to creating a baby registry,” said Patty Wu, executive vp and brand president, BuyBuy Baby, in announcing the registry initiatives. “We’re listening to what our customers want and expanding our registry offerings, like the addition of cash funds, to provide even more options and flexibility. Our experience helping millions of parents over the last 25 years has helped shape our redesigned registry experience, and we’re proud to be a trusted source for parents as they get ready for this exciting new chapter.“